We pursue new opportunities where we can add deep value through our experience, and devote the appropriate mix of strategic advice, domain expertise and capital to help accelerate your company's growth. read more.
20/20 HealthCare Partners LLC is a Global Investment Group that invests at the early stage of technology & life science innovation. We have a long history of creating value by partnering with entrepreneurs, executives and strategic partners in the healthcare community. Through strategic advice, team building, product development and syndicated investment, we are committed to helping our partners build valuable companies that impact healthcare and improve quality of life.
We look for companies in the fields of Diagnostic Imaging, Medical devices, Healthcare IT, Biotechnology & pharmaceuticals. Our healthcare community combines some of the most respected entrepreneurs, researchers, executives and strategic partners in science and healthcare. This growing network supports our companies through their growth all to way to a potential, successful, exit.
We look to invest in extraordinary entrepreneurs with distinctive technologies that, assisted by our involvement, can become valuable companies in the future.
We bring more than just investment capital. We employ a flexible structure to address market opportunities, with a strong focus on markets where our experience, knowledge, and network can build companies' value within the Life Sciences industry. Believing that a successful company must rely on excellent working relations between the investors and the management, we create a close working relationships with the management team including the founder / entrepreneur, ensuring trust, honesty and earnings.
20/20 HCP focuses on early round (and follow on) investing in next generation life sciences development entities. Specifically, once proof of concept has been established (typically with seed money), funds are provided for program development post proof of concept through to the successful completion of the Verification and Validation studies (i.e. pre-regulatory approvals and pre-commercialization). Why, focus on this phase of development?
- With our team and associates we perform a large part of our due diligence on validation of the proof of concept as a beginning benchmark from which risk and returns can be more easily determined
- Typically, a shorter investment period; 2-3 years to exit
- The science is well understood and accordingly, 20/20 HCP’s managerial and operational support as lead investor is a critical component of program success
- More specifically to the above bullet point, given the science orientation of the founders, we ensure the founders’ own advisory staff and third party investors all have the same clarity of purpose to guide the founder(s) through the required stages to achieve a successful exit. Additionally, a start-up will need to change directions a number of times due to both newly identified risks and opportunities. We quickly identify these inflection points and work with management to redirect the company accordingly
- Exit valuation is understood and development risk is contained allowing for a more analytical approach to pre-money valuation…targeting returns in the a 3-7x range
- Post proof of concept and with sufficient funding to complete the Verification and Verification studies (up through but before any regulatory approval process) we can immediately begin to engage big pharma to manage toward an exit. This provides us with additional trading information in support of finalizing an exit strategy (i.e.; sale, licensing, partnership with big pharma or a significant follow-on “up round” financing to proceed with regulatory approvals and/or commercialization as a stand-alone company)